Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
MIRA Technology Institute (MTI) is part of North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
MIRA Technology Institute is the result of a unique collaboration led by North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College, and its partners, HORIBA MIRA, Coventry University, the University of Leicester, and Loughborough University. The MTI is new specialist facility designed specifically to train the next generation of engineers in the latest automotive technology based on the MIRA Technology Park.
The Position: We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Officer at the MIRA Technology Institute.
Key Requirements for the role:
- To ensure a quality level of services are provided for MTI partners and customers in collaboration with the Customer Service Officer guaranteeing that visitor satisfaction is kept to a high standard
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with students, staff, partners and visitors to the MTI both in person and digitally
- Experience in facility management or coordination of facility management role along with working knowledge of NEBOSH or Equivalent H&S Qualifications, or willingness to work towards
- Keen awareness of environmental pressures and agendas, energy conservation, carbon friendly initiatives and other green practices
Key Responsibilities for the role:
- To support the Operations Director in the provision, development and management of maintenance and cleaning services relating to MIRA Technology Institute, to include a focus on Health and Safety in all aspects
- To support the OD in the management of the MTI building and estate, including the preparation and execution of planned maintenance programmes, day-to-day maintenance and servicing, caretaking, cleaning facilities and managing grounds maintenance contracts, to include H&S and risk assessment management were necessary
- To support the Operations Director in maintaining and communicating a viable and leading offer to both Partners and customers to ensure the MTI is on the forefront of its vision to be the centre for global excellence in automotive training
The Location: MIRA Technology Institute and NWSLC, both sites are based in Nuneaton, MTI is on the MIRA Technology Park based on the A5. They are less than a mile apart.
Why Should You Apply?
The pay range we’re offering is £22,638 - £24,019 pa
- The MTI is a successful Training Institute on its journey to be a global leader in emerging automotive technology training with a new and exciting facility
- The candidate will have an all-round experience from MTI’s partnership with FE, HE and Industry
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
To Apply for this role, please follow the link.