Lecturer in Business Studies and ICT
- Kia Car Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education and employment for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
Contract: 37 hours per week, Permanent. People seeking a part time role are welcome to apply.
An opportunity has arisen within the 16-18yr old ESOL team for a newly qualified OR experienced Business studies and ICT tutor. The role is to deliver the L1/ 2 BTEC Diploma in Business to higher level ESOL learners and also to deliver ICT classes. Experience of teaching ESOL learners is not required as training can be provided. The successful candidate will need to be able to:
· Contribute towards the delivery of a high-quality educational experience for all students.
· To plan, prepare and deliver ICT classes (from E1 to L1)
· Teach on the L1 and L2 Btec Award in Business to higher level ESOL students
· Be a course tutor and deliver tutorials and support your cohort of learners
· Develop resources to be housed on the college shared drive
· Be able to teach remotely using Microsoft Teams should the need arise
· Ensure all opportunities for employer involvement and support are maximised for the benefit of our students and guest speakers invited into lessons or tutorials
· Motivate and inspire individual students to exceed their expectations and goals. Ensure learners produce the highest level of work and are empowered to take ownership of their studies to achieve excellent results.
· Ensure learners are equipped with the skills and abilities necessary for them to progress to further study or work. Collaborate with Faculty colleagues to ensure a dynamic and responsive curriculum offer are delivered to the highest quality.
· Collaborate with colleagues in developing, implementing and evaluating innovative strategies to enhance the student experience at Nottingham College.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Linda McDonald on email email@example.com
Interviews/assessments are planned for week commencing 26th April
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role