Computer Science Tutor (Egham)
This job challenges you in a completely unique learning environment that empowers international students to progress into higher education. Joining our Royal Holloway International Study Centre, you have the opportunity to teach on our Computer Science Pathway (Level 4).
You’ll work in a small team of Lecturers that encourage the use of innovative and engaging teaching methods. We appreciate the importance of professional development, so there will be lots of support when you arrive with inductions and online training, as well as the opportunity to work with the Head of Academic Subjects to create your personalised career path. If career progression is of interest, then you’re in the right place, with a large network of study centres at your disposal.
This job is fast-paced and we welcome Lecturers that are adaptable and can work under pressure. During our peak periods e.g. induction or marking; we rely on our teamwork and spirit. If you are an energetic and passionate team player then you’ll thrive from the environment we create.
The Computer Science pathway is unique and varied, giving you the chance to teach on both the Level 4 and Level 6 programmes. In this exciting job role, you’ll have the opportunity to teach modules that help prepare students for their journey into UK Higher Education. Our class sizes are on average between 10-15 students, giving you the opportunity to be innovative whilst providing an engaging learning experience for these talented international students. In your role, you can contribute to the development of materials and formative assessment. This job requires you to have contact with external stakeholders including link Lecturers at the University and external examiners.
- Your background will be in teaching in a Further Education or Higher Education context, teaching at a minimum of Level 3 in Computer Science or a relevant subject. (Essential)
- A Master’s Degree in Business or a relevant subject. (Essential)
- Proficiency in programming – Java, Python, C, C++ and any other language (Essential)
- You will need a PGCE or a similar teaching qualification. (Desirable)
- Previous experience in an examiner position or AQA would be desirable.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities that are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
***We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap. ***