Interim Professional Student Services Officer
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term until 28/05/2021
In this exciting and fast-paced job role you will have the opportunity to provide a high level of administrative and operational service within the International Study Centre, both online and face-to-face. You will be responsible for the delivery of services and processes enabling the site to function effectively: This will require you to have good people skills and a high level of administrative ability. In this job you will deliver a reception service, respond to routine student enquiries and become a skilled user of our internal student records system.
You’ll be required to ensure the accurate recording of data required for student records including timetabling, exams, assessment and visa compliance. Also, a key requirement will be for you to provide administrative support for academic groups and committees.
- To ensure all students receive a smooth, legally compliant and efficient induction into ISC and that all necessary welfare arrangements are in place to facilitate each student’s academic success
- To deal professionally and promptly with student enquiries and requests for support and foster positive relationship with the student body
- To ensure the processes and procedures for dealing with UKVI requirements are efficient and fully complaint
- To ensure that students information is forwarded to the partner HEI to allow for offer letters and enrolments to be managed in a timely manner
- Update student attendance records in accordance with the ISC attendance policy
- Ensure compliance within the centre for QAA, the Home Office and GDPR matters
- Lead on visa compliance issues as required by the Provider
- Verify assessment marks to ensure accuracy for progressions boards
- To oversee the collection, storage and dissemination of all relevant Student data to ensure it is done in as timely, securely and efficiently a manner as possible, including the requirement for any manual spreadsheets and master lists
- To keep student detail up to date on master spreadsheet and Study Global data as required.
- Ensure information is kept up to date on Academic/Student Management IT system, Progresso
- Update and maintain log relating to errors on student Tier 4 visa matters
- Conversant with Microsoft Office suite with intermediate to advance excel skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Accurate data entry skills and comfortable with working with spreadsheets and numerical data
- Good communication skills including written skills
- Able work pro-actively and on own initiative
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.