Skills Trainer – (Caravan and Motorhome)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Kia Car Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Ruddington Fields Business Park, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6JZ
Due to continued growth within EMTEC, Nottingham College’s Automotive Training & Education division, we are currently looking for high calibre individuals to join our established team.
Contract: 37 hours per week, Permanent
If you are an experienced training professional and looking for your next big challenge then we would like to hear from you. We would also like to hear from individuals still working in industry who are looking to move into Training & Education. We are looking for Skills Trainers to work with our well-established customer base within the Caravan & Motorhome sector to deliver knowledge and skills training and assessment for apprentices. This role would suit those with relevant experience from an automotive, engineering or building services background. Ideal candidates will be target driven self-managers with a proven track record of delivering high standards of teaching, learning and assessment. With experience of blended e-learning, e-portfolio and IMI Awards qualifications and assessment practice. However, candidates coming from industry will be supported to work towards the qualifications needed to support you to succeed in this role.
• Experience delivering Apprenticeship and Adult Technical training/assessment
• Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (or equivalent) or willing to achieve at the earliest opportunity
• Assessor Qualification D32/D33, A1, Level 3 Assessors Award (or willing to work towards.)
• Minimum Level 3 qualification in area of expertise
• Relevant industry experience
• Electrical Installation 18th Edition
• Extra Low Voltage and Low Voltage experience
• Standards of Training in Gas Work
• Minimum Level 2 English and Maths
• Valid UK Passport (for International Travel)
• Full UK Driving License and use of a vehicle
• Delivery of theoretical and practical training in line with the technical syllabus
• Undertake regular visits to participating Dealers to carry out coaching & assessment
• Administer the Apprentice virtual learning platform and e-portfolio
• Effectively progress Apprentices to achieve their programme in a timely manner
• Develop effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
• Provide regular learning development progress reports to management and other stakeholders
• Actively market participating & non-participating Dealers to maintain high levels of penetration
• Undertake regular technical & educational CPD in order to maintain high standards
These roles carry an excellent remuneration and competitive benefits package including pension scheme, business related equipment and access to an Employee Car Ownership Scheme.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact email@example.com
The closing date is 14/03/21
Interviews/assessment date to be confirmed.
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.