Learning Technology Team Leader
Salary: £31,924.57 - £41,885.22 (subject to job evaluation)
LTE Group is the first integrated education and skills group of its kind, reflecting the combined strength of six leading organisations, with the support, expertise and power of a wider group infrastructure, working together for the benefit of learners, employers and wider communities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and innovative Learning Technology Team Leader to join the LTE Group’s central Learning Technology team on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis. Working closely with the Quality Manager leading on digital learning, you will manage a learning technology support service that builds the digital capabilities of staff and students by providing comprehensive pedagogical training and development programmes for teachers in order to enhance teaching, learning and assessment, improve student outcomes and raise the quality of the student experience in line with the College's strategic plan and digital learning strategy.
- Manage the delivery of a professional, high-quality, customer-focused learning technology support service for staff, particularly teachers, and students through effective management of the Learning Technology team
- Work with the Group Quality Manager (Digital Learning) to develop a digital skill development programme for teachers and managers to build confidence and expertise in the delivery of engaging and effective online learning
- Lead on the promotion of the learning technology support service to maximise the impact of the team’s activities and resources
- Regularly review and evaluate the team’s training and development activities and resources to ensure they are engaging, up-to-date and evolve to meet the changing needs of teachers and students
- Plan and deliver appropriate training and development activities, primarily for teachers, demonstrating the effective use of learning technologies
The right person for the role will have:
- Experience of managing or coordinating the work of others
- Experience of designing and delivering effective high-quality technology-focused training and development activities
- Experience of advising and supporting staff in the use of learning technologies to enhance teaching, learning and assessment
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for the use of technology in education and training contexts
- Clear commitment to promoting and delivering a professional, high-quality, customer-focused service
- Sound pedagogic knowledge of digital learning and current and emerging learning technologies
- Excellent organisational skills; able to prioritise appropriately, manage multiple tasks, work to deadlines and deal with unforeseen issues/changing circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to communicate with colleagues at all levels
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the criteria regarding qualifications, skills and experience as detailed within the job description.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Julie O’Regan, Group Quality Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 16th March 2021
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below**