Apprenticeship Assessor Coach, Healthcare (Ref: LCC2555)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The School of Health Science & Social Care are recruiting a Healthcare Trainer to deliver apprenticeship provision with a large healthcare organisation in the city. You will be responsible for the outcomes for a specified cohort of apprentices alongside ensuring all stakeholders receive exceptional customer service. You will be highly professional with a background in healthcare and able to deliver outstanding classroom and work based learning. This role would be ideal for a registered nurse or healthcare support worker who has experience in mentoring and training staff and/or students, or has a keen interest in this and wants to develop it further.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be organised, with excellent communication skills, and enjoy working and liaising with healthcare staff, registered nurses, and ward managers.
- You will need reasonable computer skills as you will be using an online portfolio and you may need to use Google Meet or Zoom as part of your role.
- You will achieve the assessor’s qualification (CAVA) and will be encouraged to attend CPD to update both your professional and assessor qualifications.
- You will be based at one of the college campus sites, but will travel locally to visit your apprentices in their workplaces.
- The role offers a generous salary, with little out of hours work and a substantial holiday allowance.
- You will also be enrolled in the Teacher’s Pension Scheme.
- If you are an enthusiastic individual who is looking for a new challenge in your healthcare/nursing career, we want to hear from you.
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in vocational area.
- Minimum Level 2 in maths and English (GCSE Grade C or above, GCSE Grade 4 or above or equivalent Hold Assessor award or a willingness to work towards within 6 months.
- Some experience of teaching, training peers or transferring skills to others.
- Hold Internal Verification Award or a willingness to work towards within 6 months.
- Able to demonstrate work experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of undertaking formal employee assessment in the work place.
- Experience of assessing against NVQ or similar competence based frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of IV and QA practices Commitment to keeping professional knowledge up to date.
- Knowledge of appropriate apprenticeship standards.
- Able to prepare and deliver training sessions in vocational area.
- Able to work without close supervision and resolve own work problems using own initiative.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills sufficient to network and develop effective links with external partners.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse range of students and manage their assessment.
- Ability to enthuse students to aid retention and achievement.
- Able to give constructive feedback for students and keep effective records.
- Able to work within a target driven environment e.g. focusing on learner end dates and achievement rates.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Estelle Brewster, email@example.com
To apply for this role, please follow the link.