Programme Leader- Building Services
We are looking for:
- Programme Leader – Building Services
- Salary: £41,799 negotiable for exceptional candidates
This is a very important role.
Alun Francis, our Principal, says: “This is a very important appointment, Construction is central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. We want people who love their subject area, are committed to keeping up to date, but also want the professional challenge of developing outstanding pedagogical practice. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love their learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”.
Mike Morson Director of Construction and Motor Vehicle says ‘’ The Construction & Motor Vehicle Faculty seeks a Programme Leader – Building Services to support our journey to outstanding. The Oldham College is expanding and enhancing its Building Services provision from Level 2, through to level 3 technical qualifications and apprenticeships. Through a dynamic engagement with employers, a fantastic new building and resource investment.
You will be a key member of the Building Services team and will be able to motivate our construction learners to achieve their potential. The Faculty is an early adopter of the Construction T levels and in September 2021 we have planned to recruit for the T Level pathway in Building Services. This exciting new course will provide students with the most up to date technical and professional skills required for direct entry into an apprenticeship or Further Education. We are now recruiting an ambitious team leader to deliver, develop and expand the qualifications and courses that will respond to local and regional need and we would consider fractional posts for these positions.
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced individual to lead the Building Services team to outstanding. Previous experience of teaching, training or assessing in Electrical or Plumbing & Gas within an FE environment is essential along with relevant skills and experience in quality assurance.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve stretching learning
- Manage, facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Manage the design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and blended learning sessions.
- Be a great manager & teacher and role model
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice within the Building Services Team.
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
- Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
- Support the development of the T Levels in Building Services
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
The closing date is Sunday 7th March 2021.