Independent Education and Welfare Advisor
Department: Education Services
Location: London, Waterloo
Contract: Permanent (Full-Time)
Supporting and providing students with outstanding advice
With your experience in advice work, you will be responsible for supporting and providing BPP students/ service users with independent, relevant and specialist advice, representation and case work support on a variety of academic and welfare matters.
What you’ll be doing
- Working to raise awareness of the Independent Education and Welfare Service
- Assisting in the development of policy and procedure relation to academic advice and welfare
- Providing the highest standards of customer care always
- Maintaining and developing academic and advice factsheets, and other printed and online materials to enable student to access advice through a range of channels
- Line managing key staff in the Students’ Association team
- Working efficiently to promote a positive image of BPP University Independent Student’s Association always. (Details of the Students’ Association are available on www.bppstudents.com)
- Flexibly approaching your workload and undertaking any other duties as required
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate and build careers through education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
Find more about joining the BPP family here.
What we’re looking for
- Ideally educated to A level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Experience or qualification in advice work, preferably with casework management
- Highly motivated with experience of working within a welfare, support or advice environment
- Ability to demonstrate confidence in dealing with difficult or sensitive situations professionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a team while meeting strict deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to adhere to defined policy and procures
- Proficient IT and administrative skills
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.