Maths Tutor (Sheffield)
Contract Type: Variable Hour
We will be reviewing applications as they are submitted so please make sure you apply asap to avoid disappointment.
Due to some very exciting growth, we are looking for a Maths Tutors to join The University of Sheffield International College. This is an opportunity to teach on the Level 3 and Level 6 programmes. You will cover a variety of areas of areas of Maths, which can include teaching Java programming if that is in your skillset.
As the largest pathway college within the UK & Europe, with over 1,500 students enrolled annually, you will be joining a large collaborative team that are passionate about teaching and learning. You would be working in a culture of enhancing learning, teaching and assessment through a developmental Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy, which for you will mean autonomy, innovation, and development opportunities.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. The pressure can be high during peak periods, and you will need to be resilient, and adaptable to succeed in this dynamic working environment. However, you will be given support from an initial induction, regular team meetings, and a personal development plan.
In this job, you will deliver our Maths provision, teaching groups of international students across our Level 3 and/or Level 6 programmes. Our class sizes are on average between 18-20 students, and you will be given the autonomy to be innovative and engaging to enhance the learning experience. You will undertake marking and feedback provision on a formative and summative basis, and you will have the chance to support the development of the student’s independent learning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of teaching Pure Maths or Mechanics in UK higher, further education or sixth form (Essential)
- Experience of teaching Maths or Statistics or Java Programming at level 6 (Desirable)
- A Bachelor's degree in Maths, Computer Science, Physical Sciences or Engineering. (Essential)
- Assessment marking experience at a minimum of level 3
- Ability of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (Essential)
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and LaTeX is desirable
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.