- Full Time
Leeds with remote working opportunities, United Kingdom
Kaplan Open Learning
At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest technology to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners.
Summary of the role
- Working closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) and academic colleagues, you will be responsible for designing and building interactive and engaging online learning resources which will be accessed by a wide range of students studying online degree programmes all over the world.
- This is a creative and varied role where you will be encouraged to contribute recommendations for content development and improvements to all areas of learning technology. You will need to use a combination of rapid authoring tools (eg. Articulate 360) and tools available to you through the Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle) to build online modules suitable for students studying entirely online.
- The role will also provide technical support required to maintain and support the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) ensuring a consistent student experience.
- This role is based in a fast-paced and innovative environment. The candidate should be able to work to deadlines whilst still producing high-quality content.
- The role would suit someone with experience working as an e-learning designer, instructional designer or learning technologist
- Experience using a Virtual Learning Environment (preferably Moodle) to build online learning activities/modules
- Experience creating interactive multimedia content
- Experience of editing and embedding audio and video
- Excellent written English
- Excellent communication skills
- An eye for good aesthetic design
- Experience of using rapid authoring and AV tools used to create online learning resources (eg. Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia)
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take appropriate initiative, manage multiple tasks, establish work priorities, and balance competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- A willingness to learn other media production packages
- Good understanding of current web technologies, trends and developments.
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
- Basic HTML and CSS experience is an advantage
- Qualification to degree level in multimedia or related design discipline preferred
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiar with recognised web usability and accessibility standards
- Familiar with recognised e-learning technical standards, e.g. SCORM, ensure they are adhered to where appropriate
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection schemes
- 25 days holiday
- Working hours 37.5 per week
- To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter.
- The deadline for applications is 23:59hrs Monday 8th March 2021
- Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.