Activities Leader- Residential House Parent
7 days left
- Part Time
Contract Type: Zero Hours, weekdays and weekends
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a pre-interview task
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Activities Leader/House Parent to join us at our site in Greenwich, London. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering a range of activities for our students whilst ensuring the highest standards of supervision and care, safeguarding, security and support for our students both in the college and the boarding accommodation.
The role may include a variety of shifts:
- Daytime shifts (any time between 9am to 5pm)
- Evening shifts (any time between 5pm and 11pm)
- Weekend and bank holiday shifts
- Overnight shifts from 5pm to 9am (inc of hours between 12 midnight and 7am which must be fulfilled in the boarding house duty room in emergency cover )
- Shifts in the quarantine house which include the permanent presence inside the house
- To plan and deliver new opportunities and activities/social events which are age appropriate and inclusive both in person and online
- Supervise social activities on and off site, and online, being responsible for equipment and Health & Safety
- Complete activity based risk assessments (H&S and Safeguarding) prior to attending and supervising social events on and off site
- Assisting with advertising and promoting student events
- To encourage residential students to take part in social activities. In person and online
2. Daytime House Parent duties at Reception
- Provide a positive and professional welcome experience to students and parents whilst working at Reception
- To track and support the arrival and departure of students , this will include campus inductions, creating student ID cards, room checks, reception duties
- Day to Day ad hoc tasks including creating displays, assisting is administrative tasks, post and packages, student support and advice and supporting other teams
- Checking signing in/out books to do regular walkthrough in residence, check for any security issues and monitoring the status of students, providing visibility and accessibility to students.
- Shift handovers and reports
3. Cover as an overnight House Parent
- Supervise the boarding provision in a designated residential and/or quarantine house
- To monitor the health, safety and welfare of the students living in residence.
- To Recognise, Respond , Record and Report all safeguarding concerns and alerting management via college systems
- Administration of homely medication to students as required.
- To be aware of and implement the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools
- To support positive behaviours and ensure that students comply with rules of residence, handling sanctions and bringing to the attention of the Boarding Manager, Welfare Manager & Director of Student Services any more significant infringements.
- To act as a fire warden in cases of fire
- To carry out visible checks of all fire equipment
- To ensure students have breakfast, wash clothes, cover and store food correctly, maintain good personal hygiene and maintain cleanliness in their bedrooms.
- Current First Aid certificate (Desirable)
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.