English and Academic Skills Tutor
7 days left
- Part Time
Contract Type: Variable hours (up to 20 per week), Fixed Term until 31/08/2021
Due to growth in student numbers, Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre are now recruiting an English and Academic Skills tutor to join the existing teaching team. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching English and Academic Skills to students on a university preparation pre-masters course offered by the Centre. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative tutor. The right candidate will have a natural ability to motivate students and deliver high quality teaching as well as carrying out relevant pastoral functions. You will enjoy working with international students, be performance driven and be able to work co-operatively and flexibly with other colleagues. We are looking for a patient tutor who is committed to providing an interesting and effective learning experience to our students.
- Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a normal teaching load of up to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules (including materials for the Virtual Learning Environment VLE) within your subject area and provide coordination in the role of Module Coordinator.
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students.
- Providing academic guidance and support to a designated group of students through the tutorial system.
- Work with the college’s Student & Academic Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Engage in scholarly activity to ensure the delivery of modules is current.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the programme.
- A minimum of a CELTA qualification.
- A DELTA would be hugely advantageous or a Trinity College Dip. TESOL or a PGCE including TESOL with related experience also considered.
- Substantial experience teaching EAP, ideally in a Higher Education learning environment.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.