Academic English Tutor
7 days left
- Part Time
Contract Type: Variable Hours (up to 25 per week), Fixed Term until 17/09/2021
Kingston University International Study Centre is looking for an Academic English Tutor to teach on our Foundation (Level 3) and International Year One (Level 4) programmes both online and face to face in a blended teaching approach.
In this role you will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our teaching, learning and assessment strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a tutor, you will contribute to the design, development and production of learning materials, and delivery across a range of Academic English modules at Foundation (RQF Level 3), Year One Undergraduate (FHEQ Level 4).
We are looking for a dynamic, engaging and creative tutor who is keen to develop their teaching skills and subject knowledge. The right candidate will have a natural ability to motivate students and deliver high quality teaching as well as carrying out relevant pastoral functions. You will enjoy working with international students, be performance driven and be have strong previous experience teaching online.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Kingston University International Study Centre.
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with variable contact hours up to 25 hours per week.
- Write and prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including tutorials and writing regular student reports.
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre’s administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues, where necessary, to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
- Track students’ academic journey, and identify and implement appropriate intervention strategies to support on-going learning.
- Act as a Personal Tutor for one or more groups of students.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level, and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of students’ attendance and performance.
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities.
- A minimum of a CELTA qualification
- A DELTA would be advantageous or a Trinity College Dip. TESOL or a PGCE including TESOL with related experience also considered.
- Substantial experience teaching EAP, ideally in a Higher Education learning environment.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment is a must
- Experience of teaching in the UK Higher or Further education sector and preferably a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students.