Lead Assessor, Electrical Installation (Ref: LCC2463)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
We are a growing department with full time students and apprentices studying a range of Engineering qualifications. You will be joining a team of 10 assessors who are specialists in their field, who enjoy training the next generation of engineers. The team are proud of the high standards that they hold themselves to and would welcome a new enthusiastic member with an Electro Technical specialism.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver and assess Electro Technical Level 3 qualifications to apprentices in college. Visits to apprentices in their work based locations to assess competency. Monitor and track progress using e-portfolio systems
- Lead and supervise a team of assessors, including all duties normally associated with the management of staff such as appraisals, mentoring and performance management
- To manage a caseload of learners, organise workplace assessment visits and meetings with employers
- To interview and recruit learners on to programme
- To organise and conduct initial assessments
- To produce and monitor individual learning plans for learners and contribute to their updating (including Functional Skills and 20% of the job training) 6
- To conduct work based assessments and internal verification in line with Awarding Body requirements
- We would be looking for an individual who enjoys challenges and a track record of success when dealing with apprentices and employers
- Assessor qualification is required, a teaching qualification is preferable, but if none then the willingness to undertake a teaching qualification will be required
- Experience of teaching, training peers or transferring skills to others
- Able to demonstrate experience of assessment and verification against QCF or similar competence based frameworks
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Paul Cartwright email@example.com