Senior Learning and Organisational Development Business Partner (Ref: LCC2540)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
WHAT WE DO
The Human Resources and Organisational Development Team at Leeds City College are excited to welcome on board an enthusiastic Senior Learning and Organisational Development Business Partner. We are keen to develop our service even further and continue to create great positive change, as we care about our diverse and individual staff as much as they care about our students.
You will need to quickly establishing confidence amongst a wide range of stakeholders across the Luminate Education Group building on the platform of progress and success already achieved. You will support and deliver a strategic, modern, proactive and valued Learning and Organisational Development service, providing strategic support and direction in organisational development and culture management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To Influence the focus and development of the Group wide learning and organisational development strategy
- Partner business leaders and provide an outstanding Learning & Development service by engaging with and supporting the Business Planning process, using workforce information, performance data and targeted interventions to create effective learning solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of role and job level learning needs across the Group through strong relationships with leadership teams
- Be accountable for delivering the Group development programmes (ELT Leadership Programme, the Middle Leaders Programme, People Management Essentials) to understand adoption rates and transferability of learning
- Drive programme adoption and engagement through action planning based on the data analysis and insight gathering
- Undertake regular analysis of learning programmes to understand the impact on the organisation and the learner, cost/benefit analyses and return on investment
- Partner with relevant teams to identify and/or create new solutions when there are no known solutions that address learning needs
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- Level 5 qualification in relevant subject with the willingness to work towards Level 7 CIPD Qualification
- Significant demonstrable experience in a senior Learning and Organisational Development role
- Experience of conducting psychometric assessments
- Up to date knowledge of theory and good practice in key areas of Learning and Organisational Development, such as capability training (going beyond training), transformational change and developing organisational culture
- Knowledge and experience of the design, delivery and management of learning interventions including e-learning interventions Experience of project managing and delivering workforce (talent & succession) planning programmes
- Extensive experience working with leadership teams and of using a Business Partner approach to design and deliver learning solutions to meet individual, team, service and organisation needs
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). This is an exciting time to join this rapidly growing education group, with an Ofsted grade of 'good' with 'outstanding' features, you will be working at one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Luminate Education Group, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.