Lecturer of Business/Economics
7 days left
- Full Time
Location: Leeds International Study Centre (Leeds)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a student-centred Lecturer to work in the Leeds International Study Centre as a Lecturer of Business. This is an exciting job role that will give you the opportunity to provide up to 18 hours a week of innovative teaching to a variety of international students studying on the Business Management or Economics (depending on your specialism) International Year One Pathway (Level 4). You’ll also have the chance to take the lead of the International Year One programme, as well as contribute with wider development work across Business Management and Marketing in the near future.
- You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our education strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience.
- You will oversee and manage the development of teaching, learning and assessment resources across a range of modules
- You will contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre.
- You will liaise and meet with link tutors at the Partner University to ensure that quality standards and external oversight are achieved.
- A Masters Degree in the relevant subject area is essential. Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome and applications from candidates holding or working towards a PhD will be particularly welcomed.
- It is preferential in order to meet HEI partner accreditation requirements, that the candidate will also be undertaking one of the following; External Examiner Duties, Presentation of papers at Conferences, PhD
- Experience of teaching in the UK higher or further education and preferably a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students
- Previous HE Programme Leadership is preferable
- Developing robust relationships with partner HEI’s
- A good understanding and application of QAA standards.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
- The opportunity to engage in research and contribute to Study Group’s academic journal - The Journal of Assessment, Learning and Teaching in International Education.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
***We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap.***