Property Maintenance Apprentice
Employer Tesco Plc
One of the country’s largest retailers is looking to employ a number of apprentices to complete a Property Maintenance Level 2 apprenticeship programme. Successful completion of this programme may lead to permanent employment and a gateway to a great career.
An excellent opportunity to work for one of the largest and well-respected employers in the country!
The primary role of a Property Maintenance Operative is to optimise the condition of our properties to a high standard, ensuring the building is safe at all times. Property Maintenance Operatives need to maintain a high level of quality and provide maximum satisfaction to colleagues and customers. They will learn and understand the mechanism of buildings; including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment. They will also deliver the first and immediate response to fault-finding; maximising quality, ensuring cost-effectiveness and delivering stores that serve Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
The job will involve working with experienced maintenance professionals at various locations across the region, so a full driving licence is required.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco stores and offices
- Complying with Tesco safety, policies and procedures
- Identifying hazards and reducing them
- Carrying out daily maintenance; including fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance
- Building effective relationships with the store leadership teams, communicating clearly on tasks and managing expectations where necessary
- Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLAs
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work that needs to be escalated
- Working closely with internal service teams and external contractors
- Meeting the necessary legal and compliance standards
- Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency
- Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix
We are recruiting nationwide; London, Bradford, Brighton, Cambridge, Carlisle, Derby, Durham, Exeter, Ipswich, Kendal, Lancaster, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Portsmouth, Preston, Reading, Slough, Swindon, Yeovil, York.
You will spend 80% of your time in store, and the remaining 20% will be spent on off-the-job training.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.