Course Manager in Travel
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Course Manager in Travel to become a key member of our Travel department.
As a Course Manager in Travel, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of further education courses within the Travel & Tourism Department, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules.
- Disseminating updated information and course specifications ensuring that awarding organisation requirements are met i.e. awarding organisation registrations.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range of Travel & Tourism programmes and adapting approaches accordingly and experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students at both FE & HE, alongside the following qualifications:
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Relevant Level 3 or above qualification
- Degree qualification in Travel & Tourism or related discipline
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.