Student Experience Support Leader (Maternity Cover)
- Hours of work: 22.5 hours per week
- Duration: This post is fixed term to provide maternity cover for up to 12 months or upon the return of the post holder, whichever is the earliest.
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Student Experience Support Leader to join Wakefield College. Working within the Student Experience department, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership for defined aspects of student experience and services to ensure that all students on the campus are given the highest level of individual support to achieve their learning aims.
- Contributing to the retention and achievement of our learners ensuring a quality student experience service of the highest standard.
- Ensuring that all 14-19 learners have a seamless transition between school, college and employment / HE and that they achieve the highest individual success throughout their learning journey.
- Supporting the development and implementation of initiatives and processes to enhance student experience and engagement.
As a Student Experience Support Leader, you will have a pivotal role in ensuring a student experience of the highest quality and will support students to broaden their experiences and take advantage of opportunities from a college wide perspective and beyond.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about students achieving their potential and preparing students not only for college life but for life and work beyond college. This is a very diverse role, working in a busy environment, where you will get to liaise with lots of different staff and stakeholders with the student at the heart of the role.
As a Student Experience Support Leader, you should:
- Hold a Level 4 qualification
- Hold GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or the equivalent
- Have experience of successfully negotiating with a range of stakeholders in a pastoral and student support setting
- Proven ability to be able to plan and co-ordinate own activities as well as co-ordinate activities of others through the liaison with a diverse range of students, staff and agencies
- Considerable experience of supporting post 16 learners within an educational or training setting
- Have the ability to make clear presentations to College staff at all levels
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 8 March 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 17 March 2021
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave (pro rata for part time) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.