Business Development Consultant
Within our successful Business Development team in Trowbridge, we are looking for a new Business Development Consultant to identify, manage and deliver successful and profitable opportunities. You will help develop sector specific sales and marketing plans for apprenticeship recruitment and establish close working relationships with our academic divisions.
About the role
Within the position you will use your sales and account management skills to build new, and maintain existing, profitable business for the College. You will develop engaging written and verbal proposals and pitch these to potential employers.
Other aspects of the role will include –
- Generating sales leads through a range of techniques direct marketing and following up enquiries.
- Maintaining and managing relationships with some of the largest Apprentice employers across the South West.
- Managing and driving sales leads through the sales process from qualification to close.
- Account managing existing and recent employers; undertaking a regular call/contact cycle.
- Liaising closely with curriculum areas to ensure that accurate course information is communicated to employers and students.
- Developing bespoke training quotes, defining course content, calculating the cost of training delivery and selecting an appropriate price point.
- Negotiating and agreeing price, training and service with businesses.
- Targeting and tailoring the appropriate level of sales activity by customer segment, including Apprenticeship levy paying employers.
- Producing detailed business reports for significant apprenticeship levy organisations.
- Promoting Apprenticeship progression to College students within defined sector areas.
To apply for this role, you will ideally have sales and account management experience. You will be self-motivated and driven to achieve your targets and to achieve sales. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to build credibility and engagement quickly and to harvest successful relationships with stakeholders of all levels. A background within a retail sales environment would also be beneficial, alongside strong customer service skills.
You must also hold at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths. Finally, the role will require travelling to sites around the county, so it is essential you have a full UK driving licence.
The College is home to 13,000 students across four main campuses in Trowbridge, Chippenham, Lackham and Salisbury. We offer a diverse range of apprenticeships as well as a full suite of full-time vocational and higher education courses.
We offer a fantastic salary, 30 days leave plus bank holidays, additional closure days over the Christmas period as well as access to our generous pension scheme – all this plus you will join a supportive and welcoming team.
The College is committed to the protection of young people and vulnerable adults and to safeguarding and Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are proudly accredited to the Disability Confident Employer award, part of this means a commitment to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
The Closing Date and Interview
This role will close on Friday 26th February 2021.
Vacancies may close early if sufficient applications have been received. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please apply via the link