Lecturer in Construction – Maintenance Operations / Multi Trade
- Hours of work: Full time / part time opportunities available
- Unqualified salary: £25,130- £26,644 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Qualified salary: 27,441- £31,802 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Market forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate. This can be discussed at interview and offer.
- Location: Castleford and Wakefield Campuses
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Construction - Maintenance Operations / Multi Trade to join our hard working and successful Construction team, where you will support every student to reach their full potential.
As a Lecturer in Construction - Maintenance Operations / Multi Trade, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of students, by providing them with the skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals; while ensuring the economic development and success of Construction industries.
Our purpose-built Castleford Campus has superbly equipped workshops and specialist rooms available.
We are looking for a motivated person who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers and has a passion for Construction. Due to the current circumstances, skills in remote learning and the ability to deliver and manage learning online using Microsoft Teams software would be desirable.
To find out more about our Construction curriculum and the courses that we offer visit www.wakefield.ac.uk/construction
As a Lecturer in Construction, you should:
- Be qualified to Level 3 in a suitable Craft Trade
- Have experience within the Construction industry
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or level 2 equivalent
- Have experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
New to Teaching?
Are you an industry specialist qualified in Construction - Multi Trade?
If you are a good team player and have a comprehensive knowledge of your industry and would like to get into teaching, then this opportunity could be for you.
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm, qualified in their specific subject area and who would like to pass their knowledge and skills on to our students.
If you have not previously worked within the Education sector but have considered a career move, you may be suitable for the Department of Education - Taking Teaching Further initiative, which employs industry specialists direct into Further Education. You will receive an enhanced support package whilst you gain a Teaching Qualification.
This opportunity can be discussed at the interview stage.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave (pro rata for part time) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 4 March 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.