Programme Manager, Health, Science and Social Care (Ref: LCC2529)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to lead our strong Level 3 team and continue a well-established pattern of outstanding achievement within large cohort groups. Do you have healthcare experience that would enrich curriculum development? Are you excited about the new T-Levels qualifications in Health?
The Health Science and Social Care team are based in the purpose built Quarry Hill Campus. We are looking for a Programme Manager to manage the Technical Level 3 Certificate and Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care and the T Level in Health.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Activities and strategies to ensure the high retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for identified courses are reached.
- Delivery and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- The planning, preparation and development of schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line resources for identified courses is being undertaken.
- The process of creation and recording of individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course to ensure groups of learners are on track to achieve their potential.
- Implement interventions where needed for identified courses.
- Lead and manage the assessment of student work, feedback to help learners improve & record learner’s progress for identified courses.
- Quality assurance processes and inform the review process to develop & improve identified course(s).
- Positive relationships with learners & provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- The marketing of courses, learner IAG & induction and enrolment processes.
- Participation in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- Participation, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process. First stage student disciplinaries.
We are looking for someone with the following:
Values and ethos:
- Support and promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Promote a safe environment for young people to learn in
- Be committed to restorative practice approaches
Experience and knowledge:
- Extensive experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting, with positive outcomes
- Experience of supervising/managing staff to ensure high performance
- Substantial experience of undertaking internal verification and moderation activities
- Proven commitment to continuous professional development
Skill and competencies:
- Ability to plan and deliver quality teaching across identified cohorts and ensure consistency of high delivery within teams
- Ability to lead activities in the development and delivery of strategies to improve retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for groups of learners
- Effective management skills to ensure high performance from a range of individuals
- Exceptional verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide productive insight into the review process and development of identified courses
- Excellent organisational skills, to ensure deadlines are met and progress in achieving results from learners and team members.
- Ability to make sense of complex issues, identify and solve problems and to think on one’s feet.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 37 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.