SQE Subject Head - Welsh Language
Location: Flexible, with some time spent in London (N7)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Access to subsidised private health insurance
- Life assurance Income protection assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 28 days holiday
We design and deliver world-leading professional assessments. In 2018, we were appointed as the independent assessment organisation for the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) which has now received Legal Services Board approval and will be introduced in 2021. This will become the sole route to qualifying as a Solicitor of England and Wales and be taken by upwards of 13,000 candidates per year.
We are part of the Kaplan group, one of the world’s largest and most diverse education and assessment providers. We operate in over 30 countries and maintain relationships and partnerships with more than 1,000 school districts, colleges and universities, professional bodies and over 10,000 businesses. Our vast breadth and scope in terms of both capabilities and assets sets us apart.
This is a challenging and varied role which offers an exciting opportunity to be part of the academic team responsible for delivering a major new licensing examination. You’ll help us to deliver world-leading assessments by developing SQE1 & SQE2 questions in the Welsh Language, working as part of an existing academic team comprising the Academic Director, Academic Heads SQE1 and SQE2 and Subject Heads SQE1 and SQE2 in various disciplines to contribute to the content and quality of the final SQE assessments.
- Professional qualification as a Solicitor of England and Wales with up to date knowledge of law and legal practice
- Fluency and proficiency in the Welsh language (See Appendix I to the Job Description for further information) including a formal Welsh language qualification
- Strong administrative skills including organisational, time and document management skills and attention to detail
- The ability to respond positively under pressure to assessment editing and production deadlines
- The ability to use legal research databases proficiently
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including building strong and productive relationships with freelance question writers and assessors
- The ability to understand assessment methodology including its statistical aspects
- Willingness to be flexible and work within the business required hours
What you can expect
A competitive salary & clear pay structures, progression paths, and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll be joining a great place, driven by a shared purpose, where everyone can succeed and build a brighter future together.