SQE1 Subject Head
Location: Flexible, with some time spent in London (N7)
Hours: We will consider applicants interested in full or part-time employment for each of the specialist areas
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Access to subsidised private health insurance
- Life assurance Income protection assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 28 days holiday
We design and deliver world-leading professional assessments. In 2018, we were appointed as the independent assessment organisation for the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) which has now received Legal Services Board approval and will be introduced in 2021. This will become the sole route to qualifying as a Solicitor of England and Wales and be taken by upwards of 13,000 candidates per year.
We are part of the Kaplan group, one of the world’s largest and most diverse education and assessment providers. We operate in over 30 countries and maintain relationships and partnerships with more than 1,000 school districts, colleges and universities, professional bodies and over 10,000 businesses. Our vast breadth and scope in terms of both capabilities and assets sets us apart.
This is a challenging and varied role which offers an exciting opportunity to be part of the academic team responsible for delivering a major new licensing examination. You’ll help us to deliver world-leading assessments by developing questions in your subject area for SQE1 single best answer multiple choice questions. You will join an existing academic team comprising the Academic Director, Academic Heads SQE1 and SQE2 and Subject Heads SQE1 and 2 in various disciplines to contribute to the content and quality of the final SQE assessments.
- Dispute Resolution
- Core Principles of Criminal Liability
- Practical Criminal Law
- Professional qualification as a solicitor of England and Wales
- Up to date knowledge of law and legal practice in your subject specialism (see above)
- The ability to use legal research databases proficiently
- The ability to operate within a team and to work efficiently and sensitively with both academic and support staff
- The ability to build a strong and productive relationship with a team of freelance writers
- The ability to understand assessment methodology including its statistical aspects
- The ability to think both originally and analytically
- Strong administrative skills including organisational, time and document management skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
What you can expect
A competitive salary & clear pay structures, progression paths, and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll be joining a great place, driven by a shared purpose, where everyone can succeed and build a brighter future together.