Deputy Head Adult SEND and Care Leavers, ( Ref:LCC2479)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The SEND team is responsible for the implementation of quality and impactful learning support interventions. We are looking for an experienced SEND professional with leadership experience who is able to work collaboratively with curriculum departments to provide support to curriculum areas in relation to ensuring positive outcomes for disadvantaged adult students.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the Head of Department in all aspects of the department’s leadership and management, particularly by leading on the Additional Learning Support claim for Adult Education Budget and Advanced Learner Loan adult students
- Ensure the Adult Learning Support team is efficiently run and delivers its financial targets
- Keep up to date with changes to the Adult Education Budget funding rules
- Carry out walkthroughs to ensure high quality provision of classroom or virtual support
- Contribute and to audit of and compliance of evidence required for AEB/ALLB funding claims
- Create learning resources and deliver training to aid the AEB/ALLB funding claim, and deliver of highly effective support
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to manage conversations with confidence
- Ability to promote initiatives that continually improve the student experience and all service provisions across the group
- Develop and lead others through a inclusive working environment that promotes equality, fairness and respect
- Possess a strong business acumen and own impact on departmental financial targets
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and make decisions with a solution focused and evidenced based approach
- Achievement and Action - Maintain a results focus attitude and achieve results
Previous applicants need not re-apply
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Nathan Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post, please follow the link.