Senior Educational Researcher
The Academic Engagement team plays an integral role in driving insendi business, building strong working relationships with global partners to achieve extensive platform engagement and ubiquitous platform adoption. Working with other key teams, it aims to accelerate insendi’s growth by nurturing and optimising commercial relationships.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is passionate about educational research and has a track record in publication. This role bridges the gap between academia and commercial enterprise by generating and mobilising evidence from research that has the potential to improve what we do. We are an Edtech company who firmly believes in evidence-based practice. As such, the work produced by the Insendi Research Centre will help inform our operations and approaches.
- Establishing and leading The insendi Research Centre, a unit solely focused on driving research output in edtech, and scoping research plans for three key areas: technology, pedagogy and training.
- Creating a research pipeline and schedule of work.
- Undertaking efficacy and impact studies with interested clients to feed into the latest research in the field to support platform development as well as insendi’s sales and marketing efforts.
- Regularly publishing high-quality educational research papers.
- Collaborating on research projects with insendi user communities, including the FOME alliance.
- Supporting work on academic thought leadership to position insendi as an educational leader in edtech by regularly composing blog posts and other media formats.
- Presenting at Edtech conferences online and in face-to-face contexts.
- Applying for awards.
- Educated to doctorate level (or within 6 months of submitting thesis) in Education Technology desirable
- Demonstrable experience of publication in the field of digital education
- Able to manage workload and competing priorities
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to collaborate and show initiative
- An eye for detail with the ability to deliver work to a high standard
- An understanding of academic research activities in the field of education
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.