Lecturer in Computing Sessional and Flexible Teaching Hours Available
QA Higher Education - Delivery - Academic
Lecturer - BSc in Computing
Flexible teaching hours immediately available – daytime, evenings or weekends
London or Birmingham or Manchester campus
About our role: As an experienced HE lecturer you will contribute to the progression and academic achievement of students studying BSc Computing programmes. The programmes involve a wide range of technical skills across Mobile App Development, Big Data, AWS, SQL, etc. It is not expected that you can contribute to every module in our programmes, but you will be expected to have a good breadth of skills and knowledge. For the right candidate there will be opportunities for future progression in our expanding multi-campus environment.
- Experience of teaching and curriculum management in more than one of the topics listed below
- Recognised IT qualifications OR substantial professional experience covering more than one of the topics listed below
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications and/or professional certifications and/or membership of professional body at an appropriate level (e.g. MBCS, CITP, etc.)
- HEA membership – desirable
- Lecturing experience in the HE sector and/or experience of corporate technical training
- Experience of working with international learners
- Networking and Security
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Web Technologies
- Programming (Java, Python)
- Information Systems (Organisation Processes, Maturity Models e.g. CMMI)
- Networking and Communications
We particularly welcome applications from those with experience in:
- Internet of Things
- ICT Project Management
- Data Science / Big Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
We particularly welcome applications from women, who are underrepresented in the ICT industry.
QA (Higher Education) works in partnership with a number of different UK Universities offering a range of fully accredited UK higher education programmes from foundation level through to postgraduate degrees across modern, professional campuses in London, Manchester and Birmingham.
Rate of Pay: £50 per hour inclusive of holiday pay.
Apply now – here’s how! Simply hit the apply button. But if you want to know more or have any questions please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunities At QA, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.