Head of Student Experience
Contract Type: Variable Hour. Permanent.
Location: University of Huddersfield International Study Centre
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Study Group works with leading universities across the UK, Europe, North America and Australasia. We nurture ambitious students from diverse academic backgrounds and prepare them for success at their chosen university through our on-campus International Study Centres.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the University of Huddersfield International Centre as Head of Student Experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join the management team within the centre, leading a team of talented, student centred, and motivated individuals, in all areas related to the Student Experience.
We pride ourselves in providing a supportive learning experience that prepares our students for the challenges of undergraduate and postgraduate study. We are dedicated to providing excellent academic and English skills and knowledge that will enable our International students to progress onto their chosen programme of study at the University and an eventual successful career. We place the student at the centre of all we do, so if you are passionate about changing lives through opportunities in education and are fully committed to providing a fantastic student experience, this role is for you!
- You will lead a highly effective Student Experience department, which includes professional services, student services and welfare support staff. You’ll facilitate your team to enable students to thrive and study legally, safely and successfully.
- You will provide support across the Centre to ensure the academic and management teams can work effectively; implementing clear policies and efficient processes that drive operational excellence for all.
- In this role, you’ll ensure first-rate compliance in visa and attendance systems; and participate in key quality assurance and enhancement activities which should be delivered according to Study Group, University partner and any relevant regulatory body requirements.
- You have the opportunity to build professional relationships within the network of study centres, the University partnership, and across the business’ enabling central functions to promote the Centre and build its success.
- Previous success leading and line managing a relevant team within the education sector.
- Experience using student management systems, data reporting systems, and University/College databases.
- String understanding of Further Education/Higher Education course structure
- Experience working with International students is desirable.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
***We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap.***