Training Co-ordinator in IT and Computing
We have a great opportunity based across our Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire campuses for a Training Co-ordinator in IT and Computing to become a key member of our Apprenticeships STEM department.
As a Training Co-ordinator in IT and Computing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Supporting apprentices in the work place, enabling them to develop the relevant skills, knowledge and core competencies that will lead to the successful completion of their apprenticeship.
- Ensuring that apprentice progress is tracked robustly through each stage of their programme, mapping across all components of their framework or standard, using the OneFile eportfolio system.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employers and classroom based tutors to ensure regular communication about apprentice performance and progress.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of training and assessing NVQ qualifications in the relevant vocational sector and experience of working in the relevant vocational industry, alongside the following qualifications:
- A qualification at level 3 or above in an IT & Computing Subject
- Significant experience in IT networking, hardware, security, operating systems, and project management.
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.
- TAQA L3 or equivalent qualification or be willing to work towards
- TAQA L4 or equivalent qualification or be willing to work towards
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training or be willing to work towards
No assessor qualification, but significant industry or subject knowledge? Not a problem. If you do not hold the relevant assessors qualification, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group we will enrol you on a Level 4 Assessors Apprenticeship, for more information about the apprenticeship and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
19.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
Please apply via the link