Course Leader, Digital and ICT (Ref: LCC2318)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the School of Digital and IT for an enthusiastic and motivated Digital Course Leader who will contribute to employer engagement and development of new and existing programmes. The successful candidate will teach, develop, deliver and assess on a variety of Digital and IT programmes. A passion for inspirational classroom based and online lessons, with specific experience in one or more of the following strands Programming (Software Development), Networking and Cyber Security. Complementing the course leading and teaching, the post will have an element of outward facing contact with local and national employers, to increase employer engagement in the curriculum. An enthusiasm for utilising new and emerging technologies in the curriculum is key and current knowledge around the Digital and IT landscape is essential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take the lead role in engaging with businesses and schools to promote the Digital & IT area, increase levels of learner enrolments and business participation
- Be responsible for retention, achievement, progress/value added, attendance and positive progression rates for an identified course or courses
- Maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team
- Develop new modules, units and courses
- Be responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students and engage in scholarly activity
- Willingness undertake relevant training to enhance and build new skills (potentially through both formal and informal courses/qualifications) around the latest technological developments and enhancements, including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Blockchain Technologies, Cloud Computing, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Virtual/Augmented Reality, Drone Technology, amongst others.
- You will have an interest in the Digital & IT sector, be familiar with BTEC and Access to HE courses and have the ability to teach online
- Hold a Level 5 (or above) Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Have English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 or above, with a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to Level 3 or above
- Have the relevant, highest level vocational qualification or degree in ICT or relevant subject
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting
- Experience developing creative learning materials for groups of learners
- Proven commitment to continuous professional development
We are looking for enthusiasm for utilising new and emerging technologies in the curriculum is key and current knowledge around the Digital and IT landscape is essential.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement of 37 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
To apply for this role, please follow the link.