Wellbeing and Counselling Team Leader (Ref: LCC2305)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The Student Life team is responsible for the personal development, behaviour and attitude of all our Further Education students, which was judged Outstanding by Ofsted. We directly deliver services to students - safeguarding, welfare and mental health and wellbeing are at the centre of what we do - and we work closely with curriculum departments to support development of staff, who support students.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the Student Wellbeing Manager developing and implementing a strategy for mental health and wellbeing and building delivery capacity in this service area
- Performance management and line management responsibility for direct reports including target setting, appraisals, absence management along with all other aspects of line management
- Plan and coordinate delivery of counselling and wellbeing services across campuses and community sites, including external agency delivery ensuring students have access to internal and external services
- Work with curriculum departments to develop the MindMate approach including achievement of Mindmate Champion status, and other quality standards
- Lead the development of campaigns and new initiatives, linking with, and developing referral pathways to, external agencies and organisations
- Provide effective, timely and high quality assessment and counselling for student referrals
- Degree or equivalent higher level qualification
- Professional qualification in counselling at Diploma level 4 or above
- Registered with a professional association e.g. BACP
- Recent experience working as a counselling and/or mental health practitioner
- Recent experience supporting young people and vulnerable adults with mental health issues
- Experience of delivering training, offering peer supervision and supporting teams
The successful candidate, alongside a passion for improving the lives of our students, will have experience of managing positive and successful teams including direct line management, along with significant experience working in a wellbeing related area.
For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of flexible working
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
To apply for this role, please follow the link.