Estates and Facilities Assistant
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for an Estates and Facilities Assistant to become a key member of our Estates and Facilities department.
As an Estates and Facilities Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing a full range of services to ensure the facilities’ overall environment fully supports the aims and visions of the Bedford College Group.
- Patrolling College premises and property to maximise physical security of all assets and to provide a visible security presence.
- Undertaking agreed maintenance tasks and repairs etc. at designated campuses and ancillary sites.
Our ideal candidates will have some experience in electrics, plumbing, carpentry, painting and decorating and general DIY type repairs, demonstrable experience in an Estates & Facilities or other similar operational role; with evidence of high performance in previous roles being required and experience of working with the public and experience of working with young people, alongside the following qualifications:
- A good standard of education including literacy and numeracy to level 2
- First Aid at work qualification
- Valid SIA Licence
- Manual handling training
- MIDAS training
- Safeguarding training
- Level 2 qualification in Customer Care (or willingness to achieve this within 12 months).
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.