Study Skills Manager
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Study Skills Manager to become a key member of our Student Services/Libraries department.
As a Study Skills Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Developing and implementing a programme of curriculum study skills sessions within the Library/Learning Resources Services (LRC) to support the curriculum.
- Leading the Library/LRC staff in promoting and teaching study skills within the BCG Library/LRC service, to support learning and enable students to achieve their potential
- Developing and managing a range of integrated self-study resources covering a variety of curriculum strands and to enable student development
- Supporting the LRC staff to deliver research and study skills required for assignments and essays
- Monitoring book stock to support the curriculum needs and to maintain consistency and currency across all sites
- Managing, supporting and developing staff working at the Cauldwell Street Library/LRCstaff.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working effectively in a customer focussed environment and understanding the needs of learners at all levels, from Foundation to HE and at all ages, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and Mathematics Level 2 within one year
- PTTLS or Award in Education and Training Level 3, or a willingness to achieve this
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
38 hours per week (0.91755 FTE) / 42 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this role, please follow the link