Kirklees College - Covid-19 National Testing Programme. Would you, or someone you know, like to get involved? Perhaps you are furloughed or have some spare time on your hands.
We are looking for individuals to volunteer to be part of our COVID-19 on site testing team in our Huddersfield Centre, to support the national programme of Coronavirus testing in schools and colleges.
As a volunteer you’ll be supporting both the College and local community in the local testing process. Our volunteers will be facilitating the College’s testing process by providing guidance and supervision to students on test swabs and ensuring that testing stations are cleaned or preparing test samples for analysis, processing them and interpreting test results.
Our Ideal Volunteer
Don’t worry if you have no prior testing experience as there is both a well-defined training programme and strict procedures in place and you’ll always be working with experienced College staff. More importantly for us, you’ll have the right attitude – great interpersonal skills and supportive nature probably gained through experience of working in a customer service role or with young people. If you’re first aid trained or have a healthcare background that would be a bonus but not required.
Flexible shifts would be offered, typically between the times of 8.00am – 5pm. We anticipate that you would need to be on site for a minimum of 5 hours.
Essentials to be eligible
We’re following Government guidance so there are some stipulations for you to be eligible to volunteer.
- You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household and you must be prepared to take a daily test.
- You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high-risk groups. Details of this are frequently updated on the Gov.uk website.
- You must not have a long-term health condition.
- You must not be pregnant.
- You must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
- And finally, you’ll have access to a laptop or device so that you can complete the on-line learning programme.
Have we sparked your interest?
We’re hoping your answer is ‘yes’, if so please click on Apply to complete a short application.
Whilst this is an unpaid role, we’re able to reimburse your expenses to cover travel (e.g. bus fares, taxi and parking), food & drink up to £15 per volunteering session that you participate in.
We’ll also provide you with appropriate PPE.
Please apply via the link.