Teacher, Motor Vehicle (Ref: HC035)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
An opportunity has become available at our Harrogate Campus to become part of our Motor Vehicle teaching team. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a background in the motor vehicle industry who is passionate about passing this knowledge onto others and promoting a quality experience for the learner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver industry relevant skills, within the IMI framework to both full time learners and our apprenticeship provision
- Assess learners in both a theoretical and practical setting, supporting the learners in developing both their understanding and their practical skills within a realistic workshop setting
- Contribute to the evolution of the curriculum and be responsive to market changes to ensure we are promoting the most current industry based skills and knowledge
- Support the team in the quality assurance process, ensuring that delivery and assessment meets and exceeds the requirements of the awarding body
- Work closely with the apprentice team and college to promote the department and establish confidence with our local stakeholders
- Work across a variety of platforms to help prepare the department and our students for the challenges post Covid-19
- You will have great interpersonal skills and be able to adapt your working practice to communicate with team members, support staff, learners and employers
- You will have a relevant background and understanding of the Motor vehicle industry and be able to promote current practices
- You will take responsibility for the transition of a student group, from enrolment through to timely completion and achievement, taking part in activities throughout the year to support both the learner journey and individual learners needs
- You will be able to work effectively in a dynamic, team based environment
- You will be capable of handling multiple tasks and prioritising your own workload Experience of working with IMI (the awarding body), the apprenticeship Standards/Framework and an internal verifiers qualification are all desirable however applicants with no teaching experience but with the right credentials may also be considered
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT HARROGATE COLLEGE
Harrogate Colleges offers a broad curriculum where we encourage our students to grow as individuals, dare to dream and have a great time. To achieve that, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Harrogate College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and one of the UK’s largest FE establishments.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Harrogate College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
To apply for this post, please follow the link.