Project Manager, Health Care T Level Resource Improvement Plan (TRIP), Fixed Term (Ref: LCC2470)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
This is a fixed term post until January 2022.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
This exciting opportunity has arisen to join an enthusiastic and successful team working within the purpose built Quarry Hill Campus. We are looking for a project manager to drive the development of the Pan Leeds Health T Level. You will coordinate the strands of the project, and manage the timelines, outputs, resource creation, reports (monitoring and evaluation) and promotional materials and case studies. The groundwork for this project has started through meetings with key stakeholders from the council, NHS, and private health service providers, Leeds City College and Leeds Health & Care Academy. These meetings have confirmed the need for the project and as stated in the Leeds Inclusive Growth Strategy and linked Leeds Talent and Skills Plan, that there is a city wide ambition to have a joined up approach to the implementation, expectations and delivery of vocational education. For the health and social care sector there is a recognition that T-Levels are an opportunity to widen the recruitment and talent spotting for the future workforce and to attract candidates from non-traditional pathways.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support and manage the development, delivery, and evaluation of key activities for the Health Care TRIP
- Effectively manage project tasks, ensuring key deliverables and milestones are met in line with agreed targets
- Keep informed of T-Level qualification requirements and T-Level updates as well as LCR sector skills shortages, expectations, and opportunities
- Liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, namely TRIP partners, clinical practitioners, LCR sector leads and curriculum teams to inform sector specific delivery models and learning sets. This may include managing expectations, reviewing current provision and capacity, identifying common ground and new opportunities
- Use sector insights, data, and feedback to enhance TRIP deliverables and share best practice approaches
- Lead on the development of efficient systems and processes in relation to recording and monitoring TRIP deliverables and outcomes
- Produce case studies and promotional materials to demonstrate the benefits of the TRIP activities and outcomes and disseminate these appropriately to support the qualification roll out from 21/22
- Provide support to the TRIP partnership to articulate the requirements around designing a range of training and best practice opportunities to drive pedagogy and learning sets to enhance the quality and value of T-Level qualification delivery
- Lead on project feedback, review, evaluation and identify through delivery, additional Small Trip opportunities to enhance Leeds City’s implementation of high quality and high value T-Level provision
- Experience working effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, including Healthcare sector specialists, practitioners, and educators
- Experience of effectively planning and managing projects
- Experience engaging stakeholders in collaborative projects and maintaining momentum across all partnerships for the duration of the project
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence effectively across a wide spectrum of stakeholders and clinical practitioners
- Relates effectively to others, both one to one and in teams, effective in giving and receiving messages both face to face and in writing
- Can take effective action to affect the behaviour and decisions of other people, with ability to positively influence
- Able to make sense of complex issues, identify and solve problems
- Able to maintain appropriately directed energy and stamina, to exercise self-control and to learn new behaviours, through delivery of project work
- Creates and appreciates new ideas and perspectives, sees possibilities and challenges established practices in constructive ways, for the betterment of an organisation
- Ability to consider the big picture, think strategically and value diverse perspectives
- Ability to promote project activities and outcomes, identifying key audience and platforms with reference to the intended impact of dissemination
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and Google packages
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
To apply for this role, please follow the link.