Practical Instructor in Horse Management
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Practical Instructor in Horse Management to become a key member of our Animal Sciences department.
As a Practical Instructor in Horse Management, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing riding and practical skill instruction to learners in an effective and innovative way, to ensure that students individual learning needs are met.
- Providing technical support in the equine yard and classroom areas.
- Participating in the routine care of horses maintaining high professional standards.
- Monitoring health, behaviour and welfare of all horses and keep appropriate records.
- Overseeing all practical areas across the programme area with responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Communicating effectively with a range of customers and service providers.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working with young people in a training environment and successful practical experience in the equine industry, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in Horse Management or related specialism
- British Horse Society qualification; Stage 2 in Complete Horsemanship or UKCC Level 2.
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
£21,000 per annum
264 hours (25 days) holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.