Study Support Coach, Maths (Ref: LCC2437)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability at Leeds City College runs innovative courses in events management, marketing, entrepreneurship.
Our department is fast growing and puts our students first. We strongly believing in giving students many opportunities to develop both their knowledge as well as practical skills for their chosen paths. Our Project Team is at the core of creating interactive projects for our students to expand their enterprise and employability skills. We tailor each project to the student's course to inter-link their learning. We are excited to be expanding the team and look forward to the collaboration of creative and innovative ideas that put the students first.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To be responsible for a caseload of students who require coaching and on-line support as part of their planned learning programme in Maths
- To track and monitor progress towards achievement using assessment grades in ProMonitor markbooks, ensuring learner progress is tracked against their target grades
- To provide support for students with their Maths learning, using on-line support technology and education platforms
- To facilitate student learning and development through highly effective and supportive coaching / mentoring technique
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject/professional area and co-operate in any staff development activities required to effectively carry out the duties of the post and to participate in review and development schemes
- Maths qualification at L2 with a commitment to achieving L3 within 2 years of appointment if not already achieved
- Google Educator Level 1 or commitment to achieve within 1 year of appointment
- Supporting teaching and learning / teaching assistant / or learning, mentoring/coaching qualification or commitment to achieving within 1 year of appointment
- Demonstrates significant experience or knowledge of how to work successfully with different groups of students enrolled to vocational courses where Maths is an integral part of the study programme
- Knowledge of blended learning strategies and how these can be used to ensure maximum impact in improving student retention and attainment
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.