Head of Foundation and Additional Learning Support
We have a great opportunity based at Kettering campus for a Head of Foundation and Additional Learning Support to become a key member of our Foundation and Additional Learning Support department.
As a Head of Foundation and Additional Learning Support, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Leading and managing the department in line with the College’s Strategic Plan and Policies.
- Actively improve the curriculum provision within the Foundation department and raise the profile of Additional Learning Support department across the college.
- Planning and organising support for learners with learning difficulties and disabilities in line with college strategic priorities and to ensure an excellent learner experience is provided.
- Providing effective and proactive organisation and management of staff to ensure that learners studying within the department and accessing support have a high-quality learning experience.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of a good, detailed working knowledge and understanding of the SEND code of practice reforms, previous management experience within an educational setting and evidence of up-to-date knowledge and skills in current teaching and SEN support practices/initiatives which promotes inclusion across the College, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or level 5 qualification in SEND
- Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A– C) or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
35 days holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on 12th January 2021.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this post, please follow the link.