Progress Mentor (Ref: LCC2480)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The Foundry offers a small and supportive setting for young people aged 16-24 who have been unable to engage with education previously. Students on these courses may not have previously achieved the grades they need in order to progress, and are at risk of becoming NEET. Students in this department often have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs and an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The department aims to support all students to re-engage with education using a system of positive rewards, bespoke timetables and personalised goals and targets
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead on, and deliver PSHE and tutorial sessions to our 16-18 year old students Work with the Programme Manager to support the students to achieve their EHCP goals and targets
- You will be the key contact for parents and carers and will support students to access their classes
- You will support students to identify a progression route and help them to prepare their applications
- You will also help them to prepare for interviews as part of supporting their transition into a higher level of study or work
- You will have a flexible and creative approach
- You will be confident delivering engaging tutorial and PSHE sessions to hard to reach and at risk young people
- You will have experience working with students with challenging behaviour and complex needs and be able to adapt your approach to each individual
- You will be familiar with restorative practice, and using restorative approaches when working with students
- You will have a good understanding of SEND best practice and supporting students with SEMH needs Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Dale White email@example.com
To apply for this post, please follow the link.