HE Progression and Wellbeing Officer, (Ref: LCC2471)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
An exciting opportunity to really make a difference to higher education students and their outcomes. We are looking for a person who has a keen interest in supporting students with the wider pastoral elements of their learner journey. This can include elements of wellbeing, welfare and progression. The ideal person should have experience of project management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To provide wellbeing support and manage projects work with departments across the institution
- Providing high quality support for students Creating and managing platforms to complement support services
- Liaise with external agencies as required
- To represent higher education on relevant cross college committees/groups
- To engage in policy development and review activities
- To be proactive in leading on wellbeing campaigns
- To provide advice and guidance for students on matters relating to wellbeing and student finances including funding opportunities, general welfare guidance and support for accessing student finance
- To ensure the currency of knowledge in relation to student wellbeing and progression both internal and external
- Degree or equivalent level of study
- Good general education, including literacy and numeracy skills up to Level 2
- Level 3 Advice and Guidance qualification
- Experience of working in higher education
- Experience of working to specified targets and deadlines
- Experience of operating online platforms for the dissemination of knowledge
- Dynamic individual who is passionate about supporting students, enjoys collaborating with others
- Use own initiative, work individually or part of a team good with time management
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Janet Faulkner email@example.com
Please apply via the link