Study Support Officer - Part Time (Ref: LCC2467)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
Reduced Year 40 weeks per year
Part Time 14 hours per week
WHAT WE DO
We are the Independent Learning team for Leeds City College. We are a new team within college and we are here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals. We are looking for people to join our team as Study Support Officers, acting as the initial point of contact for our wider services and support within the spaces and buildings we support leaning across. We are looking for people who want to engage positively with a wide variety of students, supporting and directing them to resources and other team members so they can develop their skills and achieve their goals whilst with us. Being both proactive and reactive to needs and opportunities are key characteristics we are looking for within candidates.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To provide high quality study support for users of the College LRC with their independent learning skill development
- Effective and efficient management of appointments, schedule and learner caseload
- To enable, encourage and support learning using the full range of college resources, including digital and online, and develop their understanding and knowledge on this theme
- To maintain and contribute to the development of library services and systems
- Actively promote skills for learning and proactively assist students and library users to develop their information seeking, research and study support requirements on a one-to-one or small group basis
- Identify opportunities to involve students in peer-to-peer support
- Have an eagerness to help students whenever we come into contact with them
- Willing to 'go the extra mile' to help and support
- Willingness to wanting to develop own skills and experiences
- Previous experience working with students in a support capacity
- Teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills are key
- Proactive and reactive to situations when required
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Martin Wheatley firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply via the link