Lecturer - Graphic Design
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer - Graphic Design to become a key member of our Art & Design department.
As a Lecturer - Graphic Design, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparation, delivery, assessment and verification of subject specialisms on a range of Graphic Design or Graphic Communication courses at levels 3.
- Supporting delivery of Graphic Design or Graphic Communication courses at levels 4, 5 where required.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of planning, delivering teaching and assessing Graphic Design or Graphic Communication on level 3 courses, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in Graphic Design or Graphic Communication
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C
- Certificate in Education or equivalent
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form,Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
Circa GBP 27,000 per annum, pro rata dependent on qualifications and experience
45 days holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 10 December 2020 .
Interviews will be held w/c 14 December 2020
Please apply via the link