Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Nursery Practitioner.
Requirements for the role:
- Level 3 (e.g. NNEB) or above as defined by the Early Years Qualification List http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/qualifications.shtml
- Knowledge of OFSTED framework as it relates to Early Years Foundation Stage and Every Child Matters
- Up to date knowledge of safeguarding relating to child protection guidelines and legislation and within a nursery setting
Responsibilities for the role:
- To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children in the care of the nursery; to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration.
- Be an effective key person for a group of children, to observe and assess their development. To plan, prepare and implement activities that meet the individual needs and interest of the children, identify and plan their next steps, monitor and evaluate. Keep learning journals utilising Eylog and to facilitate moderation activities, completing progress summaries and assessments.
- To develop a thorough knowledge of all of the nurseries operational policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times.
The Location: The post is based at: Nuneaton Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £18,120 per annum
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
To Apply for this role, please follow the link.