Lecturer in A level History
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic humanities specialist to join our expanding and successful Sixth Form team, where you will teach A level History and also able to teach A level Politics.
With a strong focus on high quality teaching and learning, this is an excellent opportunity to join an established, talented, and supportive Sixth Form team. Wakefield College Sixth Form embraces a strong academic ethos; working towards excellence for our students and helping each individual to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for an outstanding professional to teach and coordinate A level History and Politics subjects. You will be passionate about your subject, ensuring students excel by delivering outstanding teaching, learning and assessment, stretching and challenging students to achieve their full potential.
You will hold a degree in History (or related field) and have an excellent record of success in teaching and learning. As well as the ability to work well as part of a team, you should be highly motivated and fully committed to developing and supporting our students. Prior experience of teaching A Levels is essential.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 9 December 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 14 December 2020
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.