Fire Safety and Emergency Planning Lead Advisor, (Ref: LCC2451)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
WHAT WE DO
You will be joining a growing and developing health and safety services team with the Estates and Capital Projects Directorate. The team provides health and safety advice and guidance across the Luminate Education Group of FE College. This exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional person who wants to be involved in a leading role in the delivery of a robust fire safety and emergency planning to the Luminate Education Group. This new role involves producing appropriate policies, procedures and guidance documents and maintaining appropriate records to meet local and statutory requirements
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead on the Luminate Education Group’s Fire Safety Strategy
- Lead on the Luminate Education Group’s Business Continuity and Emergency Planning strategy
- Draft and overseeing the production, implementation and review of policies and procedures on fire safety, business continuity and emergency planning and to maintain appropriate records to meet local and statutory standards
- To undertake and review fire risk assessments and produce reports and actions plans
- To plan, co-ordinate and conduct periodic fire safety inspections / audits and the termly fire evacuation drills and make recommendations on improvements
- To undertake investigations and evaluate working practices to identify trends and areas of improvement
- To advise in all areas of fire safety management and to provide technical fire safety advice
- Prepare reports and maintain appropriate records
- Attend internal and external meetings
- Relevant H&S and Fire Safety qualifications, NEBOSH Fire Certificate or equivalent (minimum)
- Extensive experience of working in Fire Safety in a similar organisation
- Experience of Business continuity and emergency planning
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in a variety of settings
The person appointed will be an enthusiastic, well-organised and resourceful individual who enjoy a challenge and working within a busy team. If you are able to demonstrate that you have a proactive and positive approach, the ability to work accurately while responding to rapidly changing situations and have experience of completing tasks to expected standards while meeting tight deadlines, then we would like to hear from you.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). This is an exciting time to join this rapidly growing education group, with an Ofsted grade of 'good' with 'outstanding' features, you will be working at one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Luminate Education Group, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Ian Hughes Ian.email@example.com
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.