Student & Curriculum Data Compliance Officer
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
We are looking for:
- Student & Curriculum Data Compliance Officer 1.0
This is a very important role.
Pete O’Donnell, Director of Information Systems and Data, says “The team is well regarded within the college and is focussed on providing the college with the information they need to help every single learner achieve to their maximum potential. So, you’ll join a welcoming team of people who will help and challenge you to perform and become a valued member of the group. Your managers will be fair and honest and will always be willing to give you any necessary guidance and direction.”
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this in the third phases of a £40m redevelopment which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away. The College delivers a full range of work related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE resits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
Reporting to the Data Services Manager the role will be responsible for:
- Engaging in the efficient, effective and timely completion of enrolments, learner actions, data reports, ILR data returns and audits as required by the College and external bodies.
- Taking the initiative in resolving data, funding and compliance issues as they arise in order to ensure that data is correctly collected and managed.
- To set up and maintain a student-focused Curriculum which is optimised for funding and in accordance with respective guidelines.
- Deliver a high quality, professional, customer-focused service to support students and staff, implementing continuous service improvement activities.
- Contribute to the development of systems to meet the evolving operational needs of the College and provide appropriate support to other relevant system users.
The profile and experiences of a successful candidate are:
- A highly motivated and diverse individual who can work at pace and under pressure.
- A high level of computer literacy, with experience of producing management information, report and external data returns.
- Experience of and ability to continually work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to adapt to changing working patterns, ensuring the provision of a flexible service.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse at a senior level.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
Closing date: 6th December 2020
please click the apply button below