Safety, Health and Environmental Advisor, (Ref: LCC2459)
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
WHAT WE DO
You will be joining a growing and developing health and safety services team with the Estates and Capital Projects Directorate. The team provides health and safety advice and guidance across the Luminate Education Group of FE College. We are looking for experienced professionals for the roles Safety, Health and Environmental Advisor to work across the Luminate Education Group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide high quality health and safety advice
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Investigate accidents and incidents and produce reports as required
- Conduct safety, health and environmental inspections and audits
- Produce statistics and analysis for inclusion in statutory returns and reports
- Assist in producing and implementing policies, procedures, guidance notes and codes of practice
- Promote continual improvement is Safety, Health and Environmental Management systems
- Attend meeting and committees as required • Support the design and delivery of health and safety training
- Relevant H&S qualifications NEBOSH General Certificate or NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Extensive experience of working in Health and Safety in a similar organisation Experience of delivering H&S training
- The ability to interpret legislation, rules and standards and apply them effectively
- Experience of carrying out audits on health and safety
- The ability to present health and safety issues in assertive and diplomatic manner that is persuasive
The person appointed will be a good communicator and able to use standard IT packages. Enthusiastic and well-organised with good problem solving skills you will be comfortable with constant change.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). This is an exciting time to join this rapidly growing education group, with an Ofsted grade of 'good' with 'outstanding' features, you will be working at one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Luminate Education Group, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
To apply for this post, please follow the link.