- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Kia Car Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Varied Nottingham College Campuses
- Estates Officer (docx)
Nottingham College have eleven buildings in and around the city of Nottingham, including the newly opened City Hub in the city centre. The College are extremely proud of their estate so want to ensure it is cared for by the best people.
Contract: 37 hours per week, Permanent
We are looking for two enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated Estates Officers to join the existing team. The roles will include; maintenance of the buildings and site, health and safety checks, porterage, key holding, etc. The post holders will be responsible for ensuring that their designated campus building is prepared and made ready for teaching each morning.
You will be based at one of our campuses but will be asked to travel to different campuses. An element of out of hours’ work might be required from time to time for events taking place beyond the normal academic day.
Previous experience of a site maintenance role would be desirable.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- A knowledge and understanding of specific premises issues e.g. security systems, heating systems.
- Ability to competently and safely carry out a range of everyday DIY jobs.
- Ability to safely use basic power tools and other equipment to make minor repairs and improvements.
- Ability to deal with emergencies and unexpected events in a calm, safe and systematic manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a reasonable standard.
- Ability to maintain a record-keeping system for monitoring planned and statutory maintenance.
- Understanding to take further training, where necessary, and apply it to current position.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Karen Zargarbashi Karen.Zargarbashi@nottinghamcollege.ac.uk or Mark McNamee Mark.McNamee@nottinghamcollege.ac.uk
Interviews are planned for week commencing the 21 December 2020.
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Please apply via the link